Saturday, December 21, 2013

Feliz Navidad, Senors And Senoritas

Ol' MJ is tuckered out today. All that's necessary to make the day feel good is to surf the channel--on the sofa---hoping I fall asleep.
I did have one brilliant moment regarding Christmas this morning. I must have visited twenty department stores in the last two days. If you live in an area without a mega mall thank everything and everyone you can. With all the traffic it's mental seppuku. I didn't run across one establishment where the sales help didn't say something other than "Happy Holidays". Disturbing. Then I thought, maybe I shouldn't be overly hyper about coming back with, "And Merry Christmas to you, too". I wouldn't want to make the people feel badly especially if their boss made them say the phrase. So, I decided I'd always say, "Feliz Navidad". It's the same thing as "Merry Christmas". it doesn't put pressure on people. Plus, folks will chuckle and think of  Trini Lopez and his never ending song. And think about this. I'm supporting cultural diversity.
"Feliz Navidad, Senors and Senoritas.

No comments: