Saturday, December 14, 2013

Wish Me Luck

My brother in law lives in a beautiful home in east Texas situated very close to nothing. Adjacent to his home is a 300 acre lake with the water clarity of mud. The closest gas station to his place is ten miles away. If I lived here I'd have the brain power of bananas. There's not much to do. I'd have to break down and buy a dog to have someone to speak to. We spent the night here. I wish it was longer because I know what lies ahead.
We'll be leaving for Ohio today and that trip, in itself, is grounds for suicide. We need to drive from southwest Arkansas to the very northeast corner of the state. All the while I'll be thinking of Webb Hubbell, Susan McDougal and Bill and Hill. It's like a jeep trip through Montana; hours and hours of horrid memories.
Normally, I'll plan trips on week days so I can have talk radio. Not today or tomorrow. It'll be 16 hours of a self induced coma. Therefore, I'll be on hiatus until Monday---or Tuesday---or whenever the Mazda 5 pulls into Dublin, Ohio.
Safe travels everyone.

No comments: