Thursday, January 18, 2018

"I Want Free Stuff That You Should Pay For"

abortion free and on demand.jpg

I can understand the argument for abortion on demand. I vehemently disagree with it, but at least it makes a certain amount of sense. But lately I've been noticing the argument has the added adjective 'free' tacked on to the front, which drags economics kicking and screaming into the battle. Because now what they're demanding is quite different. In the old days, the feminists just argued that they want to do it unmolested by the state, but now, in addition to that, they want someone else to pay for it. Because that's what 'free' means. Not that it costs nothing, but that the cost is shifted onto others, i.e. taxpayers.
Which sounds like a hard sell to me. "I want to have sex with whoever I want and if something bad happens, I want YOU to pick up the tab for it." No wonder their side is losing. Nobody wants to pay for someone else's choices.
Ace of Spades

No comments: