Monday, January 29, 2018

This 'N That From Dublin Ohio

Guess what? MJ Hawkeye turned 72 last Friday. Know what this means? I'm officially an old man. I've been saying for years 72 is the magical age. When I was 60 I pulled into a gas station for a fill. I was having difficulty with my credit card in the pump; probably had it in backward. Anyway, a kid in a car behind me yelled, "Hey, old man. Hurry Up"! I couldn't let this insult go by the wayside so I countered with, "How'd to like to have your ass kicked"? And I could have done it. Not today.

I've been receiving a slug of mail forwards about being forgetful and trying to get up out of a chair without grunting. I've noticed I don't receive very many forwards of young girls being topless and the ones I do receive have an old lady with her once perky fun bags hanging over her navel.

Her Majesty bought me a smart phone for Christmas. Smart phone----for me there should be another name. I took it with me while we visited my son, his wife and grandchildren over the week-end. Our 13 year 13 year old grandson showed me some of the finer nuances; how to take pictures and forward them. How to answer the phone and to send messages, etc. It was a waste of his precious time. From the time I left the downstairs and got to the kitchen I'd forgotten everything he told me. It's true. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I'm back on the no carb/no sugar thing. A visit to Urgent Care yesterday and a step up on the scale hit me square in the face, chest, butt and stomach with the weight I've put on. I'll lose it. I always do. I've been so heavy in my prior life I'm the poster boy for fat jokes.

I'e been toying with the idea of relocation out of Dublin. It's not that I don't like it here. I do. It's a wonderful area. It's that I want one great last adventure; a community, preferably in the Midwest. The town must  have no more than thirty thousand citizens. There has to be three nice golf courses and first class medical facilities. Everybody will be required to speak English.  There cannot be more than ten liberals. I mean, if you can't make fun of someone why live there.

If anyone knows of a community of this type let me know.


No comments: