Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Running For Congress In Ohio's 12th District

I spent the better part of two hours last Saturday listening to eight Republican wannabe Republicans vie for the position to replace Pat Tiberi in Ohio's 12th district. From listening to their responses I'm supposed to have the knowledge to pick one to represent me.

An old-timer behind me, during a break, asked me what I thought. I told him to throw all eight in a pot and pick one. It makes no difference.

I may be stupid but I'm not completely stupid. I know, whether these people are Republicans or Democrats, their constituents are considered immaterial. They'll receive their $176,000 salary and guaranteed retirement even if they serve only one day in office. The same goes for their staff.

When the victor goes to Washington their party leaders corner them and explain if they money going to their district they'll have to vote the party line.

Think about the huger than huge Omnibus Bill recently passed. Thee Republicans promised they would defund Planned Parenthood during the bogus promises prior to the '16 election. The result? PP received a boost in funding. The Wall? Forget about it. Citizens, your elected representatives do not give a whit about you.

Little things mean a lot. Many years ago when John Kasich was our representative I jumped on board his bandwagon. There were many hours spent in his local office stuffing envelopes and calling residents of the 12th district explaining why we needed their vote.

One day I was required to put stamps on envelopes. Each member of the Senate and House has what is called a franking privilege. They receive $15,000 per year in stamps(You pay for them through your tax money. The ridiculousness of government spending was brought home to me that morning. Boxes approximately four feet tall and two feet wide were opened and there they were------------thousands of rolls of stamps. For a minute or two I asked myself why don't I stick a couple of these in my pocket? Who would know? Then it hit me. I would know.

I've been 'sort of' avoiding politics lately but there's a story about one of Trump's appointee's staying in an exclusive hotel at $50.00 per night when it usually goes for $200.000. I believe his name is Pruitt and he's thee head of the EPA(Why we don't get rid of that august body along with the Dept. of Education is beyond me)  The of the bill is picked up by someone or another; probably a K Street lobbyist. After all they run D.C. Do you actually believe Senators and Representatives write the bills? If you do you'd be incorrect. They, the bills, are conjured up by lobbyists.

The finality of this is all politicians are corrupt. Let's go back to the $50.00 a night hotel room. It's chump change. Consider this. Senators And Representatives reside all over the United States. They work four days a week and I write the word woke as a joke. Each and every week the great percentage of these people hop an airplane, fly to their homes then fly back to D.C. on your dime. You pay for their travel.

There it is, people. It sounds negative about our leaders. It should be. We don't stand(Oh, I can hardly wait for the following) a China man's  chance.

No comments: