Thursday, April 19, 2018

This That And The Other Thing

Fasten your seat belts. Today's blog piece is about two of my favorite subjects; racism and feminism and personal safety.

By now we're all familiar with the two Black fellas arrested at a Philly Starbucks. According to them they were waiting for a friend. A barista approached them and asked if they wanted to place an order. The lady was given a negative answer so she called the police and had them  arrested. And the flood gates of racism were opened.

I'm certain the liberals have come down on the side of the arrested. And why do I write this? Because most libbies 'feel' and don't think.

Put yourself in the position of these men, the arrest. How many of you would walk into a fast food place, a restaurant, any place of business and park your kiester. I'm sort of guessing one of these mental giants, or grifters, if you prefer owns a smart phone. Couldn't they have used it to text their friend? Couldn't they have sat outside. Starbucks provides tables, chairs and umbrellas. There's a law on the books in  every state to assist owners of small businesses. It's called 'No Loitering'.

If the two guys had been White instead of Black would this have been an issue? Doubtful.

The proof is in the pudding or something like that. Here's a prime example of how worthless is our United States Senate. The esteemed group of 100 passed a bill unanimously today allowing Senate mother's to bring their babies onto the Senate floor during votes. In this case it was to accommodate Sen. Tammy Duckworth(D-Illinois) who gave birth a few months ago. As far as I can speculate on this is the baby might have an eating disorder and only Duckworth's breast milk would suffice.

If this is not the case and you're a die-hard working feminist mom you should be marching to Washington D.C. It seems to me Duckworth could afford a babysitter. What about hubby? Couldn't he take over some of the duties?

Sebastian Gorka was an adviser in the Trump administration and is now frequently seen on Fox offering his opinions. Yesterday, he offered his thoughts on the Border Wall to those who are adamantly against it by asking those naysayers how many of them  lock their doors at night?

I can take this one step further. I not only lock the front door I lock the garage. I was out and about in Columbus, Ohio all day. I stopped at my church to see a priest. I locked my car. I went to the DMV three different times and locked my car(By the way, if you're having a bad day and don't feel good about yourself visit the DMV. You'll instantly feel like Jesus Christ Superstar).
I did the same at Kroger and Target---locked my car. And why do I do this? Well, as my high school football coach, Merle Harris, once told me, MJ, never give your locker number to your best friend. That way you'll never have to be disappointed.

Do you suppose Nancy Pelosi locks her front door at night?

No comments: