Friday, August 28, 2020

Do The Hawkeyes Have Covid?

 Her Majesty hasn't been feeling well lately. She gets the chills and is overly tired. She asked if she should get tested? What did she want me to say, "No, go ahead and die."

So, being the kind husband I suggested she get tested. I then looke up the testing center in Dublin. I was tested a month ago before my colonoscopy and told her what misery it was having to wait in line in my car for what seemed like eons. Actually, it was only a half hour, Rush was on the radio so it wasn't that bad and the test took exactly 10 seconds tops.

Since she had told me her symptoms I looked them up and I'll post them:

Most common symptoms include:

  • Fever
  • Dry cough
  • Tiredness

Less common symptoms:

  • Aches and pains
  • Sore throat
  • Diarrhea
  • Conjunctivitis
  • Headache
  • Loss of taste or smell
  • a rash on skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes

Serious symptoms:

  • Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
  • Chest pain or pressure
Okay, so I had the first three the third week of February but they went away. The problem is this. Aches and pains. I'm 74. Who doesn't have these at my age. Diarrhea. Did I say I was 74. I lead the world in diarrhea. When I play golf I stick a roll or toilet paper in my bag. Headaches. Not me. I don't drink. Loss of taste or smell. I don't think so. When I step on the scale it tells me to step off. Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath. I guess COPD and asthma will do that ot an old-timer.
Chest pains or pressure. Only when I'm lying down and force myself to get up.

In other words I have most every symptom.


No comments: