Saturday, August 22, 2020

Susie Doyens

 A few years ago I wrote about a little girl I met in a Publix supermarket along with her mom. She was raising money for Special Olympics. Susie must have been around 30 at the time. I walked around and saw photos of her with the most famous of the famous professional golfers. 

Over the years, after I became attached to the family, I sort of adopted her from my home in Ohio to hers in Rotunda West, Florida. I've made a couple of trips down to see her over the years. Susie is an angel on earth.

Sadly, for me, Susie is going to be an angel in heaven. She's in hospice and will be leaving this earth in the next few days. I'm heart broken.

I've included a video of her of her lifes passion. She absolutely loved the game of golf. 

https://www.specialolympics.org/stories/athletes/speechless-susies-story

2 comments:

Catt said...

I met Susie a few years ago and she is a wonderful young woman. I came across this article. Did Susie pass away? Did I miss understand? If so this world has lost a very special person.

Cathy

mjloehrer said...

I spoke with Susie's mother Jan.8. She is hanging in there but, sadly, cannot last much longer. She's such a sweetheart. Her mother is a saint. Pray for the family. Susie's father has terminal cancer.