Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Women: Sometimes Not Too Smart Especially When It Comes To Football

 Gretchen Whitmer is the governor of Michigan. She has pretty much shut down her state, excpet when it involves activities for herself and family. She made a name for herself, and not a good one, when last week at the DNC convention while standing at a podium, a hot mic caught her saying, "It's shark week, motherf**kers.**

Whitmer is also the only governor who has Big Ten teams in her state who wanted the sport shut down. We've now learned that all Big Ten athletic directors wanted to play. The commissioner, Kevin Warren, of the conference said 'No'. "Let it be written. Let it be done". I do find a conflict of interest in the commissioners dictates. His son plays in for Mississippi State in the Southeast Conference. If he is worried about boys dying doesn't he care about his own kid? Or, maybe he has another motive. Last week when Warren decided there would be no football he wrote a letter to justify his beliefs. In it he spent a great deal of time writing about Black Lives Matter. I don't get it. Or, maybe I do.

Over to the west in Minnesota Sen. Am Klobuchar said the same about football. What these two females must not understand is college football is America. It's the flag and apple pie.

In Michigan football is a really big deal but by voting to eliminate it you've shut down any hope of Michigan State and the Univ. of Michigan to strut their stuff. Many democrats in the the Wolverine state are not going to jump on board with the governor.

This action on the part of these pols has to be political since I've know few women who have ever put on shoulder pads and a helmet.

Politically, this is not too smart.

**I'm willing to wager I've heard the word MF's more in the last six months than at any time in my life. I've heard it by politicians, people on the street and by hundreds when I watch You Tubes of rioting.

I'm biased on this subject buy I rarely, if ever, hear it said by people on the right. It's most often said by folks screaming in anger and some perceived threat. "No justice, no peace" comes to mind.

Have a nice day.

No comments: