Saturday, September 19, 2020

Where The Heck Is My Day

 


Are there racists in this country? Sure there are and they come in all stripes and varieties. Is there systemic racism directed at blacks? The answer is an emphatic no. 

I saw ESPN announcer, Kirk Herbstreit, cry lie a baby on television supporting BLM and the racism in the is country toward blacks. I shook my head in amazement and then out loud said, "STFU."

It seems to me like blacks get their fare share of celebration days. They also have the BET. Where's the WET?

I'm of German heritage and a Roman Catholic. Where the heck are my 'days'? If watching churches burn and religious statues being destroyed is a celebration I'm not interested.

Think about it. Blacks are awarded scholarships for being minorities. I lost a job in '76 because I wasn't a black female. There are black Miss America's. Black Mrs. America's and black women can enter the Miss America pageant.

I'd down with black movie celebs. Denzel Washington is one of my favorites. Why would anyone boycott a Denzel movie because his skin texture is darker than mine? Millions of people idolized LeBron James because of what he did on the basketball court; not so much anymore except for the Chinese. If you asked a kid who follows the NBA or NFL his favorite player chances are good he'll be black.

Eighty per cent of NBA players are black yet whitey continues(or did)to attend their games. Are they doing this to support those blacks who are being oppressed?

Two weeks ago I watched a college football game between Marshall Univ. and Eastern Kentucky. On the first two units, offense and defense there are 44 players. Of these forty-four only one was white and he wasn't even the quarterback. So much for white privilege.

White folks elected a president of the United States who was black yet we're racists. We elect black senators and have blacks on the Supreme Court. 

White people have to be racists because they voted for Donald Trump yet prior to the election of 2016 no one, and I mean no one, referred to Trump as a racist. Why is that?

We've had generals who were black, we have the leaders of West Point and the Air Force Academy who are blacks and, amazingly, appointed by that racist Donald Trump.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; if I was black with a degree of intelligence and an education I'd have it 'made in the shade' over any white guy. I told this to my buddy who is black and he laughed because he knows it's true. Do you think he's oppressed? Yeah, he drives a Mercedes, was an executive with Budweiser, is extremely intelligent, handsome and funny. Does he feel I'm privileged? If you asked him he'd say, "Yeah, you're privileged to know me." And he grew up poor.

You all get the drift of this. Being black is good. Being white is good. Being brown is good. Breathing is good.

At the top of this I inserted a picture of 'Black Voter Day'. I didn't mention, until now, Black History Month, nor did I bring up a day dedicated to a communist radical, Kwanza. 

I know there are many more days dedicated to blacks. What they hey, now there's a mandate on the Academy Awards as to a ratio for black actors and movies. 

The MSM wants us to believe that when we wake up the first thought we have is 'I hate blacks'. I don't know about you but the area in which I live with a population of over one million people don't think this way. We're nice to each other. We say hello. Why, the other day I was going into a Dairy Mart and I even, without thinking about it, opened the door for a black guy. GASP! Actually, I didn't consider he was black but that he was carrying a slew of groceries.

Rodney King, I think he's dead now, really said it best even though I'm sure he was told to utter the phrase during the LA Riots stated, "Can't we all just get along?" Wouldn't that be wonderful?


No comments: