Friday, January 16, 2009

Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger

What a major relief that no one was killed or seriously injured in yesterday's US Air crash. What a blessing that "Sully" Sullenberger and his crew were on board. I would hope, though, that every pilot and crew member from all the airlines would act and perform in the same manner. I mean, "Sully" is a 29 year veteran flier with the airline. Just my luck, I'd be on a plane with a "newbie" who, until last week, was a crop duster in Idaho. I was surprised that info was so readily available on Sullenberger. Three hours after the crash I read the man's resume' online. I'm anxious to find out about his career in the military. I did read that he flew F-4 fighter jets while he was in service to our country. The pessimist, or realist, in me says that some group will come out against the guy because he is a former military man. Hmmm! I'm trying to think of a city that would ban him from a parade or appearance. Let me think, hmmm. There must be some community that would outlaw the cub scouts or get rid of ROTC programs for high school kids; an unpatriotic community. What was that city that disallowed the USS Iowa from making it's port permanent? It was due to its service to our country in WWII. Seems this city was against any war and the best way to show it was to ban a ship that helped save their collective behinds. Oh yeah, I remember. It was San Francisco. Hey, isn't that the home city of the ladies from Code Pink? Either San Fran or Oakland and they're only separated by a bridge-- that goes over water-- that a pilot landed on-- who saved a lot of lives.
If anybody or any group could protest I'm putting my cash on these harpies.

No comments: