Sunday, January 11, 2009

Daniel A. Cirucci

You are about to be introduced to a gentleman who has become a part of my life. I've been blogging for two and a half months to keep me busy until the weather warms and golf season begins.
One of my relatives asked why I do this posting stuff since it's so----purposeless. I know, I know. Purposeless sounds like such a worthless thing and I have to admit I do it, for the most part, as a time killer. In other words, I don't get paid for writing, much to the chagrin of some unnamed people. It does fill a two hour void between getting on the treadmill at the rec center and waiting for Rush Limbaugh to hit the airwaves. But wait! Rush, too, is considered purposeless and a waste of time by any number of critics so I'm in prime company. My thinking is that a lot of retirees do crossword puzzles every morning and since I'm working with words it's kinda the same. I even purchased a thesaurus. For me, writing serves a purpose.
Dan Cirucci is a Lecturer in Corporate Communications at Penn State Abington. He is a former President of the Philadelphia Public Relations Association. In addition, he writes the way people are supposed to write, with clarity and purpose. He also does op-ed pieces for the Philadelphia Daily News. I'd very much like you to go to his web site. It's http://www.dancirucci.blogspot.com/ I only gave you a brief mention of his resume'. He could work in the White House with what's provided. It is that impressive.
Now, I'm not sure how this came about but Mr. Circucci has included yours truly on his list of blog favorites. I can't thank him enough. I was humbled by his insertion. He had sent me a blog letter telling me it was going to happen and I remember telling myself, "yeah, sure" but I'll be darned if two days later, listed between lucianne.com and N'tl. Italian-American Foundation, was listed MJHawkeye. The man made me a promise and he came through. I haven't been this thrilled since I made the Little League All-Star team. Well, that's not quite true. Let's just say since I lost 20 lbs. last February. No, wrong again. It was catching my lunker bass in August. Or was it when I bought a new golf driver two weeks ago?. Regardless.
So, if you have some time and want to read some real good, fair and balanced brilliance, you should make reading Dan Circucci a daily habit. He even allows you to comment on his articles and more often than not takes the time to respond.

No comments: