Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Paying Off The Stimulus

There's a combination of sleet and snow going on in the neighborhood today so I'm on the couch, listening to Rush Limbaugh and watching a fishing show. Fishing for me is sort of like getting ready for baseball season. I need to get excited about it by checking out new lures and methods of catching those elusive lunkers. Baseball means I oil up the ol' glove in anticipation of just playing catch outside. There's just something good about the smell of a well oiled glove. Rush just related an interesting statistic. Did y'all know we are in for a trillion dollar stimulus? I thought so. And this won't alleviate trillion dollar deficits for years to come. Paying it off isn't going to bother me at all. I'll be pushing up daisies when payment is just beginning. The media is saying it'll be passed onto our children and grandchildren. Well, they're wrong. The payback stats are in and it doesn't look good for anyone in the forseeable future: 1 million seconds is equal to 11.57 days; 1 billion seconds equals 31.7 years and 1 trillion seconds figures out to 31,688 years, 269 days, 17 hours, 34 minutes and 25 seconds(leap years included). That's a long time and a trillion dollars is a lot of money.

No comments: