Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pay Freeze

President Obama, today. issued four executive orders. The most significant dealt with the closing of Gitmo; exactly one year from today. Unless something happens to change his mind, or the states refuse to accept the incarcerated terrorists. Sorry, they are now called "civilian prisoners." Alright, I'm only kidding. Guantanamo wasn't that important.
One of his orders however, speaks volumes about Obama's recessionary vision. He announced that every staff member making over $100,000 would have a pay freeze as soon as the ink on his pen hit the paper. Excuse me! These people just began their new careers only yesterday. Normally, when I was up for a salary increase I had to wait a year before I went before a superior. The increase was most likely going to be a cost of living wage increase. I was a teacher, remember. So the Obama Administration is making a big deal out of something that shouldn't come around until January 20, 2010.
Our sucker population will swoon with this humanitarian gesture. And I'm putting up a portion of my Social Security check on the bet that some folks are going to get a pay raise in 364 days.

No comments: