Tuesday, January 20, 2009

George Bush-Class Act

How many times in my life have I've heard, "One can tell the character of a man by the little things he does"? Too many to count but with one final act President George W. Bush will prove this to be true.
From Quinn Hillyer at The American Spectator:
Eight years ago, Bill Clinton held a huge to-do at Andrews AFB at a time that detracted directly from a key ceremonial part of Bush's inaugural festivities----some key part of the parade, if I remember correctly.
It was televised, self-indulgent, self reverential, and way over long. It was Clinton doing the "me, me, me!" routine.
And it was utterly classless, one last attempt to hold onto attention on what really was and should have been, Bush's day.
Tomorrow, Bush shows how it really ought to be done. From a White House press release:
1:25 pm THE FORMER PRESIDENT makes remarks at Departure Ceremony
Andrews Air Force Base- hanger 6
CLOSED PRESS
Note that: CLOSED PRESS. It will not be televised. It will be low key. It will not take the focus away from Obama on Obama's day.
Well, that is class. It speaks well of Bush. Meanwhile, I can guarantee that the exiting Bush staffers won't vandalize the WH offices, leaving juvenile booby traps and ruined computer keyboards($16K) the way the juvenile Clinton staffers did when they left office.
Quinn Hillyer

No comments: