Monday, January 26, 2009

Nancy Pelosi And The Catholic Church

My son is so angry about Pelosi that he sent me the best letter this morning. I think when he gets fired up he does his best work. The fun aspect of Pelosi is she's a gaffe machine rival of Biden. Being Catholic, myself, I can criticize as much as I desire. Here's what you need to know about her. She always prefaces her women's issues remarks with, "being a practicing Catholic". She's as much a Catholic as Hitler and Stalin. Just because you're born into something doesn't mean you are.
When it comes to abortion and this years presidential vote, though, I don't blame Pelosi. She is what she is and we all knew it. Obama received 55% of the Catholic vote in the election. Granted, many of these were 'Hitlerian Catholics' but we have to start somewhere. If you don't like the term then call them CINO's, Catholics In Name Only. I attended Mass on November 2, two days prior to the election. The priest gave a homily skirting the issue of abortion. He said, "I have an absentee ballot and I'm going to have to leave it blank. I can't make up my mind". He then made reference to one's conscience and we should do what we think is right. Gutless! What he should have said is, "I don't want to say vote against abortion. Some of you might get angry, leave the Church and we won't get your money every week". This isn't isolated, either. I know any number priests who are clinging to this economic justice crap.
I say this in all sincerity about these religious leaders; turn in your collars or become Jesuits. Then you'll be able to justify anti-Catholic teaching.
My son also said something that is real and smart. Pro-Abortionists are always looking for common ground with anti-abortionists. We both agree on this: "There is no common ground". He could say it a lot better than I but the point is the same. It's wrong. Seriously, give me a definition for common ground. Pull a Solomon and cut the kid in half? Gimme a break. How many of you know, or care, when arguments were being made for Roe v. Wade the Left said they would be happy with abortions up to the first trimester, only?
Pray for the unborn because theirs is going to be a gruesome death.

No comments: