Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Kind Of Feminist

From the blog, Right Wing News:
Pamela Geller has managed to build up a large audience at her blog Atlas Shrugs with her exuberant writing style, her ferocious attacks on radical Islam, her vlogs, and her excellent "gets" of big name interview subjects. Few people in the blogosphere work harder than Pamela or put more effort into making their blogs successful.
Behind the scenes, Pamela tends to be as expressive as she is in public, but when you get to know her, her character, fierce determination, and simple decency shine through in a way that is difficult to capture on her blog.
Background
Pamela was an associate publisher of the New York Observer and a director of strategic planning at the New York Daily News. Over time, Pamela started commenting on blogs and eventually, a poster at Little Green Footballs suggested that she start her own blog. She took that advice in 2005 and the rest is history.
Pamela on feminism.
I don't need equal rights....I'm already equal. I don't need somebody telling me something that's already a fact. All these women like Gloria Steinem, "Oh, we made it happen for you!" You didn't make it happen for me. That whole movement...is rooted in Marxist-Leninist propaganda....I'm not a feminist, I'm an anti-feminist. I think it has hurt women enormously.l

No comments: