Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rioting In The Streets

An Op-Ed:
If you've seen one violent protest you've seen 'em all. The major US networks are in Cairo showing mostly youngsters maim, burn and destroy but that's typically who's involved in these revolutionary movements. In the course of human history I can only recall one instance where adults led a revolutionary movement and that would be the American Revolution of the late 1700's.(The exception might be Gandhi in India)
So, I'm watching these kids in Cairo doing their chants and I noticed a very large banner with bold print. It states: "We can have change, too". Now, what the heck is that all about? Just think of the implications. Was the Bamster's Cairo speech three years ago the signal to mount an overthrow? Or, did the speech offer some encouragement that the US would stand by and not interfere with the ousting of Mubarak? I doubt it but it does seem somewhat interesting that protesters would intersperse their signs with so many done up in English. English is the international language, I know. If it wasn't how come so many of these people are wearing Nike t-shirts? That's a dead giveaway. If these folks are looking for world sympathy with their antics they surely have the ear of the Left. An economic summit is the call for riots and bombings; anywhere, anytime, anyplace.

I don't usually tip my hand but I am more than afraid about what's going on overseas. Who can trust Hillary's statesmanship? The Middle East seems to be a house of cards and the power of the Muslim Brotherhood is of great concern. For myself, I can cope. For my eight grandchildren, I'm worried.

No comments: