Friday, February 4, 2011

A Snoozer Of A Day

Sometimes, regardless of the chances you take, the opportunities aren't there. Waking up with money in my wallet I was determined to fuel the economy; big time. It didn't happen.
Maybe my problem is I focus on making every day a Barnum & Baily day then it turns out to be an Ex-lax one.

I woke up. That's always a positive start. Coffee, lots of coffee, along with reading the news. Lizzie and I went to Mass at Resurrection Church. It's the First Friday of the month and in our church it's a special day for Mass. The trouble is I forget what it is but religious graces are supposed to come my way for attending so what the heck.

Went to Starbucks for more coffee. Went to the men's room, too.

My wallet was getting hot. There's a fabulous strip mall two blocks from the church but since it was only 9 am and the shops were closed I marked my territory to come back later. Well, I didn't mark it the way a dog would. I only made mental notes.

Found a golf shop. Pullovers are big items for me and the ones here we're only
$9.99. Hmmm! The right side of the brain took over and I knew for that price they'd dissolve when they met the sun. The wallet remained loaded.

Went back to the condo for a workout. It was kind of a workout. Does walking on the treadmill for twenty minutes and lifting ten pound weights count? If it does then I had a workout.

My wallet was now an active volcano. Drove to an outlet shop to buy 'pre-owned' golf balls. Sometimes, I purchase balls that are name brand and new but on one side it says, "practice". This means they're to be used on ranges at upscale courses. Instead of paying $40.00 a dozen I can get 'em for $6.00. The difference between these range balls and the others when it comes to performance--absolutely nothing!

Afternoon: Nap time then called 'my baby boy'. He turned 35 today. Can it be possible?

Later in the afternoon: Book time

Ten PM EST: Bedtime

What a day! I'm exhausted!

No comments: