Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Wanted To Quit Then I Read This Crap

Atlantic Magazine, by Joshua Green
"Lots of candidates have embarrassing things in their past that they'd hate to have flare up in the middle of a presidential campaign. I think we can safely conclude that we have found Rick Santorum's! At the right, cast your eyes upon the tragedy that is Santorum's high school year book photo--specifically, Carmel High School in Mundelein, Illinois, in 1976".

After I got out of bed this morning I was looking at lucianne.com and came across the above article written by Joshua Green, formerly at Atlantic magazine. Prior to reading I was in a funk about writing. I got this same way two years ago and put a picture of Alfred E. Neuman on my site with the words, 'Finis'. I was bored and feeling very unfunny and didn't want to put out the same old tired drivel day after day. Besides, I wasn't making as much money as I wanted(more than a dollar). Don't you hate going through the motions without any zest for what you're doing? It's like saying to yourself, "yeah, I'll have another cup of coffee. There isn't anything else to do. Then I may or may not go to the bathroom depending on how I feel". That was me and it was this way until I read the Atlantic crap. It is beyond fathomable that a magazine pays someone actual money to write such pointless garbage. What this is supposed to be is a hit piece on the way a kid looked at 18. There were one hell of a lot spookier looking kids than Santorum because I tried teaching hundreds of these yahoos. I don't know if, "Right on, Dude" was in vogue in the 70's but I'd be willing to bet if it was it didn't come out of Santorum's mouth. If this Joshua Green character can get away with scatology writing surely MJ Hawkeye can do it, too. Besides, I'd put my high school senior year picture up against Green's anytime. Hey, I asked Dianne Tingwald to the Senior Prom and she said, "Yes". So I've got that goin' for me. I hope Green doesn't expect Miss America to come a callin' anytime soon cuz it ain't gonna happen. And his writing isn't worth a damn, either.

No comments: