Sunday, January 29, 2012

Seaside Florida


We drove over to Seaside yesterday. It's a twenty minute drive from our condo and is a quaint community. The film starring Jim Carrey, Laura Linney and Ed Harris called, The Truman Show, was filmed in it. Every Saturday folks bring their goods to the town square to be sold. There are art shops aplenty and a book store that has an author available for a signing every Saturday. I had a brief chat with this week's authoress and have to admit I can't remember her name. I do know this. She's from Atlanta, worked for Gannett, has red hair, has been compared to Erma Bombeck and is slightly overweight for around fifty-five. If you know the person let me know. I might buy her book---or not.
It must cost bucket loads of money to live at Seaside but why would a person want to? Think about being in a cage at the zoo; folks walking around your street gawking and dropping candy wrappers on your sidewalk. The side streets are very small and the homes have the names of the owners and their home town on the front; like they're special or something. This is the off season so the homes were vacant for the most part.
We were only at Seaside for two hours. It was okay; got me away from television for awhile and I didn't spend any money, either.

No comments: