Saturday, May 19, 2012

5 Most Popular Posts Of 2011

Readers: In checking out the stats for 2011 I came across the five most popular posts for the year. I had an inkling about #1. I don't know why? Wishful thinking on all our parts most likely. Here they are:

1) 50 reasons why Obama should not be re-elected, April 25. Is it even necessary to explain this?
2) Palestinian women vs. Israeli women, October 9. I mean, with a black veil over your face who wants a pig in a poke. Sorry, Muslims. Pig is not the operative word.
3) The most beautiful women, December 30. I  must have a ton of mail readers or--------
4) Star Jones proves herself to be foolish and racist, Septermber 24. Most of you might be asking, "who the hell is Star Parker"?
5) Why not Boone, Iowa, April 13. Evidently, I have a slug of hometown readers. Good ol' Boone, Iowa. I'll be back June 27. I plan on driving through McHose Park then follow the road south to the Ledges State Park. I haven't been there in years; since high school. If you ever have the opportunity to drive west of Ames, Iowa  on Highway 30 and come to the 4 corner stop south of Boone it would do you good to turn left and drive five miles south to the Ledges. MJH has many memories of the Ledges and they don't involve girls or beer.
And, as long as I'm on the subject of places to visit---I read an article in some national magazine about a couple who decided to drive across the United States from Massachusetts. They stopped in my town of Dublin and visited Jenni's Ice Cream and they raved about it. It seems people from the East Coast have this thing about having the best of everything from Philly cheesesteaks to baseball teams to pizza slices. Not this time. In my opinion, after Bruster's, Jenni's is the very best.

No comments: