Monday, May 21, 2012

WWJD

Creative, independent thinkers are be a joy to be around but they sometimes frustrate the living tar out of me. One of my reader's, the Independent Thinker, is this way. Lizzie is the same. Just when I believe I've come up with a brilliant thought, an original idea, they'll counter with an opposite view then I'm back to square one in my process. I find that independent thinkers are also very creative. They create analogies. They can also be very humorous in way that Charles Krauthammer would understand.  As for me, I parrot ideas that sound good then embellish on them. A good example of original, creative thought occurred last Saturday. I was listening to radio during my trek to see grandson, Kingston.
A fella from Michigan came on and started talking about how liberals use the Bible to justify their programs. They'll give us clap trap about how Jesus wants us to 'share the wealth' or use some incorrect reference to homosexuals made by Our Savior; turn the other cheek or some other silly reference they say was made in the scriptures as justification for what they want. Then, followers of said crap will follow along in lockstep. But, it's these same liberals who want to tear down the Ten Commandments from buildings, eliminate the word 'God' from any school or song. It's these out of the mainstream libs who ask us to turn the other cheek yet will allow a child still in the womb to be slaughtered before it's seen daylight. How many times do we have to read about the ACLU supported by the justice department wanting to eliminate any reference to God in the public school system?. Now Queen Nancy comes out with a statement that priests in the military should be forced to marry 'gay blades' but, in my opinion, she's the most godless Catholic of all. It's whatever fits the narrative, folks.
I was so fired up listening to this Michigander I wanted to scream the hated phrase from the Sixties, "Right On", but I didn't.
Anyway, the guy on the radio made some fabulous comments and he gave me a lot to think about. thinking can be a good thing, especially when I'm not a creator.

No comments: