Monday, May 28, 2012

On Vacation

There's almost nothing better than the Memorial Golf Tournament in Dublin, Ohio. It has the atmosphere of Derby week in Louisville; friends are made as people walk by your home on their way to the tourney. I'll invite them in for a beer or soda and to sit on the patio. This happened with me three years ago with a couple from western Ohio who visit each year. When I write 'almost nothing better' in this case it's different. Three of my long time friends from Wisconsin are here to visit for the week. They are all former football coaches and when we get together it's lights out on the fun. One would have to be a member of the coaching fraternity to appreciate how utterly ridiculous, silly, funny and insensitive we can be to each other. It's a constant pimp session. We'll play some golf and when we do the needle is dug a little deeper on each errant shot. There is nothing more fun than being around my pals.
So, and this is a promise, I will not touch this keypad until this coming Friday at the earliest. I can hardly wait for the hilarity to begin.
The Memorial golf tournament at Muirfield Village. It's the place to be.

No comments: