Thursday, August 30, 2012

Susana Martinez Speech: She's A Pistol

While waiting for Paul Ryan, I caught New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez's speech. I liked it. It was a feisty a little number.
She told a couple of funny stories.
With regard to her parents' security guard business she said, "Now, my Dad made sure I could take care of myself. I carried a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum - that gun weighed more than I did."
Martinez also spoke about her past as a Democrat and recounted a time where she and her husband had lunch with two Republicans who wanted her to join the fold. She planned to politely receive them and be on their way. Things didn't go as planned. She said, "And when we left that lunch, we got into the car and I looked over at Chuck and said, "I'll be damned, we're Republicans."
But the highlight was her precise critique of President Obama:
If he can take credit for government building small businesses, then he can accept responsibility for breaking his promise and adding 5 trillion dollars to the national debt.
Because he did build that.
Quite nice.

No comments: