Thursday, August 30, 2012

What's Up With Shepherd Smith

Shep Smith has the 3PM and 7Pm news segments on Fox. He's one of your weepy, emotional lib types. I knew a long time ago he was a big time lib but I about lost it seven years ago when he was in Louisiana and Mississippi during Katrina. Tears were streaming down his face as he was telling the viewers about the destruction. It was like he was a sissy kindergartner who had dropped his candy cane in the toilet. So, here's my question about Smith. He has two prime time slots on the number one cable news network in the country. But, whenever there's a disaster, aka, hurricane, Smith is always sent as the on the scene reporter. Why? There he is, right now, standing in a torrential downpour, telling us how he's seeing dead pigs and deer and other livestock. The streets are overflowing with sewerage and he's doing his best not to step in it. It reminds me of the story I told you about my job as a second grader at Sacred Heart. Sister Mary Calasanctus told me my job was to throw sawdust on puke when kids got sick. I thought I was the most important guy in the world. Shepherd, get a clue.

No comments: