Friday, August 31, 2012

Wouldn't It Be Nice If I Knew These People

I happened to glance at my sight cover page today and saw two newbies had signed on. That's exciting. I'm aware of most of the folks who have become members since they are personal friends and there daily look-see puts me on an ego trip. The signers are 'No Wars Anywhere' and 'Andrew'. If I knew anything about computers I'd sent them a personal note of thanks. It takes guts to put your name on this site. I've tried to keep track of others who have signed on and, magically, found a way to send an email to one person but I didn't hear back. It's best not to push the envelope. I'm anticipating the next hallelujah for MJ Hawkeye. In a day or two we'll jump over 100,000 page views. Bang the drums quickly. You also may have noticed an extraordinary amount of posting in the last few days. It has to do with the marathon Republican Convention and my position on the couch which is mostly prone. Lizzie is at the lake place and this gives me the freedom to watch TV the way I like best, in my underwear.
So, next week is the beginning of the DemocRat National Convention. I will not watch it. If I see a picture of Obama, Pelosi, Harry Reid, Debbie Wasserman Schultz or Sandra Fluke on TV I will simultaneously do two things in this order: (1) press the mute button and (2) flip the channel. I broke down last night immediately after the professional, personal, business like Romney speech and flipped to MSNBC. I don't know why, masochism I guess. At any rate, Al Sharpton was bloviating* and I could stand it for ten seconds only.
If you happen to be a conservative you will understand what I am about to write: Republicans are optimistic and enthusiastic. DemocRats are negative and miserable.
Back to my new friends, if you want to email me go ahead. It's mjloehrer@hotmail.com or leave a message on the comment page. What am I afraid of, anyway, the IRS? Actually I am but that's for another day.

*Regardless of what one has been led to believe, Bill O'Reilly did not invent the word, bloviating. It was done by Pres. Warren G. Harding.

No comments: