Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Post 70th Birthday Blues

It is the day after. Wasn't there a movie made titled, 'The Day After'? It might have dealt with a post nuclear attack on the United States. Yesterday, I experienced my own personal disaster and I am now paying for it. It was my birthday and I ate the entire supply of Kroger and Giant Eagle foods in Dublin, Ohio as part of the celebration

Two years ago this March I forced myself to jump onto the bathroom scale. Always remembering the quote from Bronc in Parker, Arizona "Eat it today wear it tomorrow" the outcome I was about to see was more than inevitable. The scale arrow finally settled on 220 lbs.

When I make up my mind to do something I do it. There's no messing around by MJH. It's an all or nothing with me.

Long story short, from March 1 to May 25 I was at a svelte 189. In other words, I was a stallion.

As kids from the early 70's told us, "Today is the first day of the rest of my life" and it will be, at least for the next three months. I'm actually only around 205 but my butt is sagging and I've brought the mansierre(apologies to Kramer) out of hibernation so I'm ready to begin the journey to bodily respectability.

The first three days are will be the worst in this quest since these are most important in breaking bad habits. Last night, as a part of my birthday feast, I asked the Queen to get me a red velvet cake for dessert. She doesn't eat that junk but I did---all of it. Then, just before bedtime I knocked of eight chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk--skim, of course, to cut down on calories.

Losing unwanted fat is actually quite easy: no white food of any kind and no sugar. Oh yeah, I have to drink an ocean of water every day which is bothersome because I'll be spending most of my day looking at the urinal.

So, "On my mark, get set, go! I hope you won't be seeing so much of me in 8-12 weeks.

No comments: