Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Hollywood Hullabaloo

I might as well get this out of the way from the get go. There's going to be a boycott of this year's Academy Awards by miffed Blacks and I don't care.

Spike Lee isn't going. Neither is Will Smith and wife, Jada Pinkett. Oh yeah, the frighteningly obese, Michael Moore has decided to opt out, too. Another liberal hack, white actor, Mark Ruffalo, has announced "he's mulling not going".

I had lunch with my very good friend today. He's a fantastic man with a big heart. Oh, he happens to be Black but I don't think of him that way. He's a kind human being. I've even been told by him that all lives matter. Even so, he wondered why actors with his melanin weren't nominated.

I spent last evening perusing all movies composed primarily of African-American actors and actors in 2015. There was only one I'd heard of and that was, 'Straight Outta Compton'. That California city is one tough place; drugs, robberies, murders and other nonsense. If a kid can survive Compton they can make it anywhere. My buddy asked why I didn't see it. That's an easy answer. I can't relate and I'm not into drugs and murder.

As far as I can tell there might have been one actor who just may have been unjustifiably snubbed and he is Michael B. Jordan from the movie, 'Creed'. But, Sylvester Stallone received the nomination from the same movie and that, most likely, was a sympathy vote since he'll never come close to going down this road again. Not as long as he makes movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

For many Americans the Academy Awards have the same impact and excitement as the modern day Miss America contest. The Hollywood show used to be hosted by the likes of Bob Hope and Johnny Carson who gave us clever anecdotes and jokes. In today's event, if you are wise, you'll send your children to their bedroom so they don't have their ears burned off by vulgar language. Often times I get embarrassed by some of the trash talk and I can be the most ribald guy in Ohio when I desire.

Personally, I find it hilarious that liberals are blaming liberals for getting screwed over. What these people need is a good scapegoat. Wait! I have it. Why not blame the Jews. Don't they run Hollywood?

I'm sure Spike Lee is already working on his next film. Why not title it, 'Let's Get The Jews Outta Compton'.

No comments: