Monday, April 9, 2018

Senior Moments

It is Monday which might be a good excuse for a brain freeze but I'd be making an excuse for normality.

I showed up at the local breakfast joint, Hellas, to join my friend for our weekly get together. It was 9 am except we always meet at 8.

I came home and knew it was going to be a coffee day, lots and lots of coffee. I made enough for six large cups knowing there'd be more as the day went on. Someone should have told me to place the pot in its proper place while the brown gold brewed. Instead I put it on top of the stove. I hate when that happens. Thank God for paper towels. I went through an entire roll.

I was looking at Facebook last night and read some postings from a former student, a lovely lady. She wrote how much she missed Barack and Michelle. This warped up old senior brain of mine couldn't come up with any accomplishments.

I have four birthday cards to send out this week. What are the chances I'll forget.

This has nothing to do with being brain dead---maybe. Her Majesty and I drove out to our local Costco yesterday. I purchased two very nice Greg Norman spring slacks, $19.95 a pop. I also laid out cash for a bag of pistachio nuts. The cost was $19.95. Does this make sense? No! But I did it anyway. What I'm not telling you until now is I bought a tin of cashew nuts; same price. As I'm walking to the car I'm thinking those last two purchases were nuts.

After our worse than crummy snowy winter I happen to be looking out my man cave window. My thought on this is, "I don't care" It must be Monday.

No comments: