Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A Day At The Doctors Office

During the winter season I get bored. It has a ton to do with light deprivation, I think. Anyway, when I need to get outside I write down places I can go. A couple of weeks ago I called my GP doctor. He's a good guy and I only see him two or three times a year.

I was in his office and went through the routine with his assistant, blood pressure check, lung check, all that jazz. Then the doc came in, took out his stethoscope and did his thing.

After this big event he said, "Did I ever tell you about your heart murmur?" I thought a bit and told him, "Yeah, I think a couple of years ago you said something about a slight murmur but told me it was no big thing." He left the office and came back a few minutes later and said, "No, I checked my records and I never told you that." I didn't say anything but in the old days we called that covering your ass.

It was then he said my heart was pumping at 111 beats a minute. I think that's a lot depending on the situation. If Shania Twain told me she had the hots for me I can see a heart rate that high. Watching Nancy Pelosi give a speech, well, that's another story.

So, this afternoon I have to have what's called an echo exam or something like that. The Queen asked if I was worried. I disappointed her; told her I hadn't thought about it. Stupid me. I could have played on her sympathy strings but I didn't.

Stay tuned. After I get the word today on my ticker I'll let you know if I need a transplant or whatever a heart murmur is. I haven't bothered to look it up. This shows the height of my concern.


No comments: