Sunday, May 8, 2011

Another Movie Review


Two movie reviews in a row. Our neighbor friends and fellow Friday afternoon movie goers met up after their work day this Friday past. It was their choice. I think the Dobber, my buddy, had had a tough week so he picked the latest 'chick flick" called 'Something Borrowed". The skinny on the film is this if you don't want to read the review: SAVE YOUR MONEY! The lead character, Rachel played by Ginnifer Goodwin is best friends with Kate Hudson; can't remember her movie name, maybe it's Darcy Rhodes. Hudson is a ditsy blond who seemingly plays her real life self. In the movie the two have been best friends since forever. Rachel is serious about life, a lawyer and a push-over for Darcy. All through college and law school Rachel has been in love with a guy named Dexter. He is pretty cool at the beginning of the movie but he turns out to be a real wuss. 'Dex' falls for Darcy and gets engaged. After one night of drinking Dex and Rach tell each other they've had a crush on each other for years. It was at this point we should have removed ourselves from the theater; after thirty minutes. The only reason I enjoyed the film was looking at Ginnifer Goodwin. She is adorable. She reminds me of Lizzie when she was thirty; gave me that feeling in my stomach when we first fall in love.
Goodwin is from Memphis. She's also a vegan. I can live with that. Also, she started something called, "National Turkey Day". I think she wants to save turkey's around Thanksgiving. Other than that I've got a crush on her. You may remember her from the film, "Walk The Line" about Johnny Cash. She played his first wife. her first name, Ginnifer, is so southern. Her real name is 'Gennifer' but in the south people talk different. It's spelled the way folks in Memphis say it.
So, something borrowed goes into the category of stinko. I would like to see Ms. Goodwin do something with more depth in order to find out if she's just another pretty face. Which, by the way, is still okay with me.

No comments: