Sunday, July 24, 2011

Adios Cursive Writing

Memory tells me I've written on this subject before, cursive writing or the lack thereof, but I'll respond again. The State of Indiana has passed a law saying cursive writing will not be taught in their schools. I'm all for it because this is another outlet for me to earn so quick cash.
I was taught the Palmer Method of writing by the nuns at Sacred Heart School in Boone, Iowa. We practiced and practiced and practiced the flowing lines of upper and lower case letters. As so many people have told me, "You write like a girl". I have two responses for that remark depending how I feel that day. It's either, "Thank you" or, "I find that sexist remark demeaning".
As soon as this educational mandate goes into effect in the majority of states I'm opening a store called, "Cursive R' Us". Guys will come in with Hallmark cards and hire me to write flowery love phrases to their wives and girlfriends. I'll make a killing just to do what comes naturally. It'll be a gold mine for Lizzie and me. Truth be told, whenever a congratulatory card needs to be sent The Queen always suggests I sign the card with a flowing, flowery looking message. As I've grown older I can even adjust the style so it looks like others have written it. I can make it look like a lefty if I want. In other words, "I'm Gooooooooooood"!

No comments: