Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The US Postal Service

There was a news notice the last few days saying around 3200 post offices were going to close. Makes sense to me. I drive through a town of maybe fifty, Irwin, Ohio, on my way to Springfield to see the grand kids. Now, I realize that farmer households are in this mix, too, but it seems like a waste. This is what I get in the mail these days: birthday cards once a year, cigar magazines and I hardly ever puff on one, ads for funeral homes, golf magazines and that's about it. Lizzie does all our finances online. My social security is direct deposit. If you really, really need to ship something most folks go UPS or send a fax. I must be missing something. Inform me, please. Why not have delivery Monday-Wednesday-Friday? I don't know the figures but the Postal Service loses billions a year. Big deal, huh! Name an arm of the government, and I double dog dare you, that doesn't lose billions per year.

No comments: