Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Unknown Readers

I've thought about something off and on for sometime but only in passing. Last night I was looking at the 14 icons on my home page and started wondering, "who are these people"? Eight of them I know through personal friendship, as an acquaintance or because they've made a comment on my site in the past. Know what? It's sort of ballsy to put your name or picture on another persons blog. There's an immediate association. Let's say OJ Simpson had a blog and you put your picture and bio on it then listed it as a favorite. My initial reaction is, stay away from this guy especially if he's carrying a knife.
For a long time I've had folks list me as a favorite and I've never commented on them. There are six I don't know anything about except what I read on their bio which is minimal. Too bad. People are interesting and always experts at something. I had a high school student; a trashy one at that, back in the early 70's. He was what would be called a 'hood'. The last thing he wanted to do was sit in an American History class. When I went to the chalkboard I walked backwards. When I had to write I put a mirror on the board. I'm no fool. I didn't want to take the chance of dying young. One day I challenged him by saying he was a big part of history. After the guffaws had ceased I spoke. This kid could take a car apart and put it back together again in four hours. I suspect he'd boosted his fair share. Anyway, I convinced him to tell the class what he knew about cars. He got up in front of the class and gave a speech second to none-----off the cuff. He became interested in what was going on; enhanced his stature by looking up guys like Ransom E. Olds, Henry Ford, etc. Pretty neat, huh? There was another student who took the bait and guns were his hobby . He'd never heard of Colt before then. This was in the days before teachers got in trouble and students kicked out of school for being "creative". He brought his firearms to school; disassembled them then put them back together again. He thought the Al Capone years were fantastic.
So, the point of this is I'd like to know more about those listed I've never met. I don't know the real Peter Wirth. He's a Boone, Iowa native according to his bio. I knew some Wirth's when I was a kid. They went to Sacred Heart Church. I don't know anything about Judi Peterson except her icon is on my page. Maybe she's using her married name and was a high school classmate. I hope I never hurt her feelings. If I did I apologize. All I know about Jack is his logo, a football helmet. I played football in high school so that gives us something in common. Blondi intrigues me. She actually wrote down some personal bio info. It had things on it like her favorite sites: "Locked and Loaded", "Life In Northern Maine", "Conservative Tigress"------------Interesting!. I don't know anything about Bronc or Marine Doc, either, but they were nice enough to expose themselves to my site.
All of these kind readers are experts on something. I forgot Catherine. She left a comment as did Creative Music. One gave a compliment and the other a comment which was greatly appreciated. Paranoid and neurotic wouldn't like these but not me? All of these folks are conversationalists and citizens. I surely wish I could break bread with them but since I can't, thank you for reading.

No comments: