Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Embarrassing Moments

I think it's about time I began a program on this site of my most embarrassing moments in life. A book of five hundred pages wouldn't be long enough to cover what I done and the resulting consequences. So, from now on, and when the mood strikes, I'll revert to these memories. Sometimes it does a person good to make fun of themselves.
Only a few minutes ago while relieving myself of some coffee I almost splashed residue on my tan slacks. Memory time took me back to my first year of teaching in small town, New Hartford, Iowa. It was 1968 and I was instructing a class of 8th graders the subject of western civilization.
As the class reached the midway point nature called. Worse yet, nature said you've gotta go and you've gotta do it immediately. So, out of the classroom and down to the men's room I went. I was in a hurry and that's when the trouble began. I let my bladder go into auto-mode but my zipper was only half way down. Did I mention I was wearing a tan suit? It looked like a washtub of bath water landed on my front.
Luckily for me we were studying the Medieval Period so I got creative. I hustled down to the secretary to the Principal's office, grabbed ten sheets of white 8X11's and stapled them to my pants. Then I ran back to the classroom and explained to the kiddies, "As long as were studying this period of history I thought I'd re-create armour used by the Knights of old". I don't know if they bought it or not but I did congratulate myself on being the smartest guy in New Hartford if not the world.
Now, if I could only learn that zippers go up and they also go down I'd be like Einstein.

No comments: