Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 3 Delivering Luggage Comin' Up

Not much to report in the way of excitement on the new luggage delivering job. I am still awaiting my first monetary tip and am not holding my breath. I try to be as nice as possible in hopes of having someone dip into their change purse.
Yesterday, on Day 2, a couple of things hit me. Three of the girls luggage I delivered had arrived from Florence, Italy. I've decided that a 'luggage deliverer' has the status of a doorman, dishwasher from Mom's Grill or a panhandler. One of the ladies didn't want to talk much until I mentioned about Florence, Rome and Venice and all the wonderful things Lizzie and I had seen there--twice! Then it was like I had been bathed in perfume. She carried on and on.
I had ten deliveries yesterday; four were Caucasian, five were Oriental and one was from the sub-continent. Orientals can be no nonsense. It's like 'gimme the luggage and get the heck off my porch'. Maybe all five of them were having a bad day at the same time. I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt. Hey! Is it possible they were mourning Kim Jong II's death? Oh yeah, I put another 300 miles on the car, too. Not a problem though cuz I'm 'the man'. Maybe today something more interesting; like a tip.

No comments: