Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Plans

What say we all temper down, stay away from politics and have one last fling at junk food before we get serious about 2012. I don't make resolutions therefore it's impossible to fail, because I know I would. There were three large pieces of candy in our home today. I emphasize the word, 'were'.
Beginning on Tuesday, January 1 I may or may not cut back on calories. I may or may not get on my new stair stepper and exercise.
Zounds! I forgot to bring up the super cool Christmas gift given to me by Lizzie. Except for one time in my life I have never fired a weapon. Well, I did have a BB gun but I don't think that counts. In high school, and I think it was Big John Hendricks who owned one, I fired his .45 caliber pistol. It might have been another kind because the recoil nearly catapulted the gun into my head but as I said I don't know squat about weapons. Why do I want a rifle or pistol. Well, it's not to go hunting or target shooting. That doesn't leave a whole lot room for your imagination, does it?
Anyway, Lizzie purchased for me two hours worth of gun instruction, one on one, at a local shooting range. I will become an expert rifleman and a between the eyes marksman with a pistol.
Gosh, I hope I don't shoot myself and if I do please don't it let be in a necessary organ.

No comments: