Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Defection

A week ago there were eighteen kind souls who put there monikers on my page site saying they were followers. One has defected. I think I know who it is. There was a cartoon of a 'cactus couch' posted a few months back and titled, "My Butt Hurts" and this fella made a friendly comment and put his logo on my list. At any rate, I did some research and found out he was quite famous in the world of music. As one can imagine my pride swelled. Now, he's gone BUT there are still seventeen folks on board and seventeen is better than sixteen. A couple of my early followers don't comment either so I have to believe they are 'Histoi'. These would be Sean and Radu. They were originals and quite intelligent at that.
Today is a day when I'll think back to Dec. 31 in my past life. There have never been memorable laugh filled ones with memories galore. Dec. 31 of 1968 found my future best man and I in Waterloo, Iowa, dateless, until we picked up a couple of girls on a downtown elevator around 6 PM. Don't ask for the details; memory doesn't leave me any.
I did have one lamp shade incident and it's best forgotten. It was one year later. As a majority of adults who have been around for awhile know, New Year's Eve is 'amateur night'. Since Dick Clark stopped doing his thing Lizzie and I hit the hay at the normal time; somewhere between 7PM and whenever we feel like it.

No comments: