Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Are The Obama's Irresponsible Parents?

MJ Hawkeye is so far ahead of the curve it's almost scary. There was a report on Drudge from last evening telling the world that 13 year-old Malia Obama was on a Mexican vacation with 12 of her friends. Not to worry, though, because 25 Secret Service agents were with her. Lizzie and I have to be the worst parents in the world. When our kids were teens and wanted to spend the night with a friend we had private detectives scope out the parents and have them take lie detector tests--almost! We've talked about this Mexican scenario before. Who in their right mind would go to Mexico today? Furthermore, who would let the daughter of the President of the United States go to Oaxaca, Mexico by herself. What about the parents of the other thirteen year olds. How stupid can they be? Or are they just Liberals who can't say 'No' to their children. I must have been one bad ass dad. Twice I packed my daughter's suitcase, put it out on the front lawn, then told her to have luck in finding someone who would take her in. That is how I handled tantrums and the age old whine, "all the other kids are doing it".
Did you know that Oaxaca is next door to one of the most feared drug cartel cities? Didn't the White House, in February, send out an order saying Americans should not visit certain areas, Oaxaca being one of them? Yes they did.
When I was a senior in college I asked my dad if I could go to Florida. My dad was the kind of guy who if I told him I'd gotten laid would have given me a high five. As for my Florida request dear old Dad gave me a hundred dollar bill and said, "Lawrence, Kansas was good enough". He knew all too well if I went to Florida I'd get drunk and jump off a 12 story condo to impress some girl with a pretty face and big hooters.
I was coming home from the golf course today and Glenn Beck was talking about this Mexico situation. Sorry, Glenn, but I'd given it parental thought last evening. Be a parent for thirty seconds. There are 40,000 drug cartel murders in Mexico each year. Most of the victims end up headless and lying alongside a road. Isn't there someone in the White House who could have stepped in and said, "this might not be a good idea"?
If anything, why didn't the Obama's send Malia to their hometown of Chicago for her vacation. After all, there were only ten gun murders over the week-end, all of them on Obama's beloved south side.

No comments: