Wednesday, March 21, 2012

On Being A Bachelor

Lizzie flies out of Columbus at 4 PM this afternoon for San Antonio. Her presence has been requested to help with the 2 and 4 year old grand babies while my oldest child prepares for the birth of a new child. Don't be concerned that our daughter is 41 years old and about to be a mommy again. Lizzie's mother was 42 when she was born and she had two younger siblings. Besides, the doctor's have all said every thing's a 'GO' and, dare I say it, baby Murphy(yes, either way that's going to be the baby's name)should arrive in two weeks. Do you know what this means for MJ Hawkeye? Well, as Lizzie so aptly put it yesterday, "Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful time letting the house look like a pig sty while I'm gone". I've been to the store and stocked up on plastic eating utensils, paper plates and napkins. I'm ready to lose weight so I'll be eating the same exact meal every day; two baked potatoes with peas ladled on top. Then add some Bermuda onions and plenty of catsup. It is a meal fit for a king. If not for a king then some hobo who hides out under a bridge.
You see, Lizzie is one of, it not the greatest cook in the western hemisphere. So when she's out of town I starve myself the way the Irish did with the potato famine.
God also wants me to be a slob. It's my calling and I'm an expert at it; especially when Lizzie's out of town.

No comments: