Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Do You Deserve A Vacation

Vacations are fun. As our family grew we took some wonderful getaways. The best might have been in 1984. We were living in Davenport, Iowa and every so often I'd take our 13, 12 and 7 year old children fishing but we rarely caught a fish. Kids will fish forever if they realize a fish on the end of their line.

So, in July of '84 we drove seven hours to northwest Iowa to a small lake called Lost Island. My dad and grandfather took me there as a kid and we caught hundreds of fish. They were bullheads but, still, they had gills and a tail. We'd rent a cabin for $10 per night make sack lunches and thoroughly enjoy ourselves.

President Obama and his family took their last vacation before he leaves office. There are a couple of differences between theirs and ours. His trip came to $6 million dollars. Our trip came to around $50.

The last I heard Mr. Obama has spent $58 of our tax dollars on his vacations. I spent my own money.
This vacation, for me, is irksome. He took his vacation on our dime with only a month to go before he takes a permanent vacation---with one heck of a huge pension to buffer his wallet. What a nice gesture on his part had he departed to his beloved Hawaii after he left office.

Yeah right!

No comments: