Saturday, December 31, 2016

What's The Big Deal About Chicago Murders

As most folks know who follow the murder and crime rates in Chicago they've set massive records for murders in 2016.

To memorialize the victims of Chicago’s most violent year in two decades, the Chicago Sun-Times wrapped Sunday’s print editions with 618 faces of the 780 people murdered citywide in 2016 — every victim’s photo that the newspaper could obtain. Columnist Mary Mitchell offers her take on steps to address the city’s violence problem here. To read more stories of homicide victims, go to the Homicide Watch Chicago website: homicides.suntimes.com.

My question is what's the damned big deal about Chicago murders? I happen to live in Dublin, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus, population 1.6 million including the burbs.

To date(12/31) we've had 103 murders. Considering Columbus is one sixth the size of Chicago it seems to me crime and murder isn't a Chicago problem it's an American problem.

So, what do I do to make certain I protect myself? Staying away from the inner city on the near east side is a good place to begin. 

You may not be aware of this but you are now: 93% of blacks murdered in the last ten years were murdered by, not the police, but by blacks.

53% of all murders committed in the last ten years were committed by 13% of the black population. Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not putting the complete onus of black crime on blacks but the #blacklivesmatter movement should start looking at the solution instead of the problem they've wrought.

No comments: