Thursday, December 15, 2016

You're Known By The Company You Keep

Every morning I peruse newspapers from former communities in which I've resided: Boone Iowa, Cedar Rapids Iowa, Ottumwa Iowa and Davenport Iowa. I'll look at two items, sports and obituaries.

Every day there'll be a headline pop up; 'Two Men Murdered' It's not that I don't care about these poor souls but I never open the link. There's an easy answer. Chances of me knowing them are as they sometimes say, "slim and none and Slim's out of town" I don't run with these characters who, most likely, have a not so good history.

Now, if the headline read: 'High School Basketball Coach Murdered' I'd give it a look see. When I was in that position those threats came more often than I desired, especially when our teams record was under .500.


No comments: