Saturday, December 17, 2016

Is The Glass Half Full Or Half Empty

It's not right to start a blog with, "one man's poison is another man's pie" but to illustrate a point I will.
Her Majesty and I along with another couple dined at Bonefish last night. During the course of the meal the woman said, "MJ, I would imagine you'll be very excited in five days". I immediate knew the meaning of her statement.

For millions of people December 21 is a day of agony, of doom and mental death because it's the official first day of winter. Not for this guy. There's is no anguish in my mind nor heart. It is THE day of the year when the sun beings to shine longer in the skies. It's only a minute longer but as Confucius said: A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

I happen to be a blood donor because of my red cells have unique properties. The Red Cross doesn't take my blood for any old reason. They want my platelets. I'd scheduled a 9:45 appointment for this morning. I like being a walk-in, though so I cancelled(see reason why below). While I run errands if I happen to be driving by the donation center I'll pop in. If I'm this special I can call the shots. This morning my blood is a cup full because I didn't give any.

As I walked out our condo front door and the sidewalks and streets were a sheet of ice. Ice is good I said to no one in particular. I'll stay home in the confines of my man cave drinking coffee and staying warm. Today, my cup became half full again.

Michelle Obama had a confab with Oprah either yesterday or the day before. Michelle bemoaned the fact(in her opinion) 'Hope is dead". So, after January 20 hope and change will be gone. Her kind of change and my kind of change are poles apart. Remember the half full half empty analogy?

No comments: