Friday, January 5, 2018

I Hate Winter

Her Majesty allows me to select our winter vacation; a getaway place away from January. Okay, we need to have a slight discussion. Our home is NOT in Wisconsin nor Minnesota or Iowa. It's Ohio. Ohio is a weird state for winter weather. I-70 bisects the state east to west. When driving you from the west you enter from Richmond, Indiana and leave on the eastern side at Wheeling West, Virginia.
I-70 is the key indicator on weather conditions. Above I-70 means you will going to die from snow, cold and whatever God wanted. Have you ever been in Cleveland from December to March? I have. Kill me, please.

Columbus and it's surrounding area and below to the Kentucky border is normally a darned nice place to be. This year, not so nice. Folks, we've had so many days below zero in temps the police won't leave their office to investigate murders. They send out Dachsunds to do he dirty work.

Southern Ohio, the Cincinnati area, cries like babies whose diapers haven't been changed for a week when the temperatures slide to below freezing, This year they've been in the teens more than a thousand teen age girls looking for--------crap! I can't think of a good rejoinder!

Here's the point. Columbus, Ohio the 2nd largest city in the United States after Chicago, the city on the same latitude as Kansas City, Mo. is in the throes of hell. No wait. It's cold hell. It's horrible.

The point of this post is last year I decided the Queen and i would winter in Lake Havasu, Arizona., In January that area had more rain and cold in history. The year before I decided we would spend the winter in Destin, Florida, We experienced constant snow,

Here's what you want to do when planning a winter vacation. Find out where i'm going then stay away.

No comments: