Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Dogs Know

Last Friday around noon I got that all too familiar feeling and said to The Queen, "I'm coming down with something". By this I meant a cold or the flu. One would think I'd head right out to Walgreen's to meet the creeping crud head on but, no, that's not the way I work.

The next day my wife took off for Cincinnati to see the grandkids so it was up to me to give Charlie his morning walk. Thank God didn't mess around and we were back home in ten minutes. I immediately plopped down on the couch to catch my breath and stayed put for two hours. Charlie knew something was up because he jump onto the couch and stayed with me all that time. At 11 am I went to bed and Charlie followed. I stayed put until 6 pm and Charlie was cuddled up next to me all that time.

Here it is, Wednesday morning and I'm still feeling like a dead mouse. For two nights in a row I'll lie in bed not sleeping. At around 3 am I begin to cough and do so every fifteen seconds until I can't stand it any longer. But there's Charlie still clinging to me. What a champ. I know how I'd react if I had to sleep with Her Majesty and she was hacking away. I'd get out of bed and check into a Hampton Inn.

The point of this is a dog is man's best friend. As I write this Charlie is snuggled up next to me. Wherever I go he goes. I'm always reading dog articles about their moods. According to many I've read your pooch knows when you're happy, sad or sick and they react accordingly.

Can you imaging your best friend lying in his cage at night listening to you hack and cough like you have a brick in your lungs? If dogs could talk I'm sure he'd be saying, "Would you shut the F up".

No comments: