Friday, February 14, 2020

Iowa Leads The Nation In ACT Scores

Whenever I see Iowa in the news I perk up. So, my interest was piqued when I read an article that Iowa leads the nation in ACT scores. Sadly things are never what they seem to be or just maybe I have high expectations.

The point of this is Iowa's ACT average is 21.6. If you don't know what this means it's a basis for determining how kids get into college because of brain power. ACT's are mostly administered in the Midwest. PSAT's are used on the East and West Coasts.

The highest a kid can score on the ACT is a 36. C'mon. Iowa leads the nation with that pitiful score. In 1963 I took the ACT except I was clueless as to why. Maybe I wasn't paying attention when Mr. Riemenschneider explained the significance of it. All I remember is I went to our high school one Saturday morning, opened the booklet and made designs of the multiple choice questions so I could get out of the exam quickly. Even so, I scored a 20. Gosh, what if I had tried?

Is it possible I could have become an accountant instead of a Phy. Ed. Major? I doubt it. If it had been possible for me to major in screwing around and drinking beer I'd have been a straight A student. and on the Dean's List every quarter.

No comments: