Friday, February 7, 2020

How Dogs Are Better Than Humans

My pooch Charlie and I had a slug of errands to run this morning. I don't know what it is about dogs but seemingly every time the owner says, "Wanna go for a ride" They get all excited and start jumping around before heading to the front door.

While we were driving around Dublin I started thinking about canines and why they can be better than humans. Let's say I forget to buy my wife a birthday card or even recognize her big day. Well, I'd be in the doghouse for a very long time. If I don't buy one for Charlie he doesn't care as long as he can lie in my lap and lick my hand.

Sometimes husbands enjoy having their wives cuddle up with them. The older we get the less it happens. Not with Charlie. Every evening at 5 pm he'll cuddle up with me on the couch while I watch TV.

Dogs love people unconditionally. Let's say I put Charlie in the trunk of my car for two hours. When I open the trunk to let him out he'll jump into my arms and start licking my face. Try this on your wife and see if you get the same response.

Dogs have a way about them that is irreplaceable.

No comments: