Monday, February 10, 2020

The Greatest Oscar Acceptance Speech Ever

While accepting the Oscar for Best Activist Actor for his role in the billion-dollar psychological comic book thriller Joker, Joaquin Phoenix made the Oscars stage his soapbox, firing off a three-minute tirade about every victim group under the sun.
“I think at times we feel we champion different causes, but for me, I see commonality. I think whether we’re talking about gender inequality, racism, queer rights, animal rights, we’re talking about injustice,” the actor said.
“I think we’ve become very disconnected from the natural world. … We feel entitled to artificially inseminate a cow, and then we take her baby. … Then we take her milk and put it in our coffee,” Phoenix said.
Breitbart
My feeling is twenty or thirty years from now people say, "Joaquin Who?"

No comments: